-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of ronald
ferguson
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 9:10 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Estimating Dates

Laura,

You will have to work out the estimated dates for yourself. You will find
that Family Search and other sources  use angle brackets around a date to
indicate calculated data so this method is, perhaps, best avoided to make it

clear which are *your* calculations. Legacy allows the use of prefixes Abt
and Calc.

Personally, I don't use calculated dates in my data although, obviously, I
need to estimate these when looking for bmd information etc. Generally you
will find that a man is 3 to 5 years older than his spouse and a couple
marry around 2 years before their first child is born but these a very rough

and ready guide lines.

WRT death dates there is no way of estimating this with any degree of
accuracy. Census information can indicate a ten year period during which
someone became widowed and Legacy allows the use of After, Between and
Before.

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/
*New Blogs: The Murder of Adam Mather; Legacy Searches*
Includes the family tree for Alan J Grimshaw
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/Grimshaw/

>From: Laura Schumacker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com
>Subject: [LegacyUG] Estimating Dates
>Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 20:36:07 -0700 (PDT)
>
>I have many people in my tree in which I do not have dates of birth or
>death.  Is there I way that I can get estimated dates to calculate and
>appear in my family file?
>
>Laura

Windows Liveā„¢ Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!