Not all dial-up charges by the minute.  In this part of the country, a
monthly dial-up fee is for unlimited time.  I guess it depends on the ISP
you choose.

Paul

Graeme

The main concern for me is that "nasty things, eg. Viruses, can be eembeded
within an html message unknown to you the sender. As well people on dialup
have to pay by the minute for downloads. This may not seem like a lot of
time per message but multiply it by the volume of mail this group generates
some of the time it can get quite costly.
Personally, I do not appreciate the coloured text and idiotic smileys that
come with some messages.

Don