I wonder about identity theft with this kind of thing especially.

Pat

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jenny M Benson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 10:17 AM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Another website question

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote
Has anybody used www.onegreatfamily.com? It's a
subscription site, but not as pricey as
www.ancestry.com.

I'd never heard of it, but I just went and had a look and it seems to me to be a rather different animal to Ancestry, offering a much narrower range of searches and is therefore not worth as much as Ancestry.

From what I can see - and I may be quite wrong, so others should check it out for themselves - the main database is other people's trees which they have entered or uploaded. (This sort of thing is available on Ancestry.) Any links you may find to other "family members" will only be as accurate as the research of the people who entered it - it might be guess work, supposition and invention!

It is *definitely not* a site I would consider subscribing to.
--
Jenny M Benson

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/