Kay Fordham wrote
7. However, running Legacy from the Old F drive results in the same error.
It worked fine the day before my hard drive acted up.

- This is the same issue because Legacy on your old "F" drive was installed
into Windows on that drive. The version of Windows you are running with on
the "C" drive knows nothing about it. The registry is on the C drive, and
won't look on the F drive to see what might be lurking around.

Jack