Thank you very much.  That is very helpful.

Jeff
----- Original Message ----- From: "Susan Daily" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 28, 2006 6:32 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] date problems

Jeff,
The Legacy Help section doesn't explain how to enter ranges, which
leaves you guessing, like you've found. Read about "Dates: Entering"
and "Date" then read about unrecognizable dates, and how to do some
customizing to be alerted, or not be.

1. Instead of 1970s, it wants you to use the range 1970-1979. But if
you leave it at 1970s, it can sort it as if it were 1970.

2. It does not recognize non-standard ranges. You can use 1944-1954 if
you want to make the program happy, then enter a note about the 1954
iffiness. I use my non-standard dates but write it in how I want it to
print out (i.e. "1944 to about 1954").

3. I like to estimate birth dates for people so that if they show up
(online or in my names list) as the result of a search, they can
easily be eliminated if the birth date is not within a certain range.
This then also helps to keep children sorted in the correct order. I
use the prefix Est. to indicate it is an estimated date.

4. Not sure what the error would be, but if you click on the "Exclude
from Potential Problems" button on a person's individual view, you are
given a list of things to exclude. If your event is running into one
of those types of errors, then select that particular problem to end
the continued reporting of that error.

Hope these ideas help.
Susan