Hi Naomah,

This may work. Try importing the gedcom file again to a new database. Before importing check the option "Try to Keep Original Record ID Numbers (RINs)".

Best regards,
Beth G.

Naomah wrote:
I worked on my genealogy last in 2001.  I believe it was Legacy vs. 4
(maybe).  Anyway, I downloaded the free Vs 6, which took 4 hours with my
dial up.  Then miracle of miracles, my 3 1/2 inch floppy that I had my
gedcom saved on from 2001 had not become corrupted!  It loaded beautifully.

Since I do not remember what was and was not available in the free Vs. I
used back then I don't know if I am now noticing updates or just what I
overlooked then.

Anyway, I use the Ahnentafel / d'Aboville Systems.  In the program I come up
as number 627 in the index (how did that happen?).  This is confusing since
I should be number 1
with all others going up or down from me.  I found that my numbers are
entered as User Number.
How can I get it to sort and use my numbering systems?