I won't guarantee that I will be able to respond to
any questions/answers I get here, since I might lose
my internet tomorrow. But I thought I might try.

I usually send a copy of my (small) GEDCOM zip files
to my Gmail address, for offsite backup. Tonight, I
got an error message from Yahoo mail. My file (366k)
was not attached to my email. The error I received
mentioned a virus. So I scanned with AVG, and got a
clean bill of health. Inquiring further into Yahoo's
message, I found mention of a "malformed container".

A couple of weeks ago, I had a problem with the same
file. Great-great grandpa was there, but all of his
ancestors behind him disappeared. Upon checking, I
found his ancestors were there, along with mention of
him as a child, but when I clicked on his name in
family view, he popped up again with no ancestors. I
tried to relink him to his family, and was told by the
Legacy program that he was already linked to his
family, would I like to choose another set of parents.

What I ended up doing was a "Restore family file". Any
ideas what I did wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Roxanne Baird

Want to start your own business?