To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 11:49 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Searching

Hi Tom,

You can't do a global search in Legacy.

You can export a gedcom (which is just a plain text file in a special format), open it in Notepad or a word processor and search in that.

Cheers,
Cathy

At 08:04 PM 30/11/2006, you wrote:

Something that's always bothered me. I'm trying to find which family has the location named 'Bowning' attached to it in some way, a way which I can not remember, and it's not necessarily in the location field. I know that name is mentioned somewhere in my database but where...?

Is there any way to 'globally' search for a word, with out going through numerous 'fields' with numerous searches?

I've never been able to figure that one out.

Regards
Tom

*** Give the gift of Legacy for the holidays! Order online at http://legacyfamilytree.com/Redirect/Store-Legacy.asp or call 1-800-753-3453. ***

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/

For online technical support, please visit http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp

*** Give the gift of Legacy for the holidays! Order online at
http://legacyfamilytree.com/Redirect/Store-Legacy.asp or call 1-800-753-3453.
***