Hi Tish,
It's not clear whether you have had the pictures attached to Legacy in the past and have now shifted them around - in which case you need
Options > Customise - Locations tab to tell Legacy where they are now.
Two ways: Either add the relevant paths under
View Current List of Multimedia Locations
or, if you're not familiar with paths use
Test all Multimedia Paths

OR you haven't attached any pictures at all.
You have to attach pictures one at a time. Either click the picture icon for the relevant person or use the Picture Centre. You'll find more direction in the HELP file.
Search for help on
Picture
and find Gallery or Centre in the list

Cathy