Our support staff will be addressing your query in the Support Forum.

Pierre

At 05:59 PM 11 12 2006, you wrote:
Hi Pierre, thanks for pointing out these features of Map My Family
Tree (MMFT) software.  I am looking forward to trying out all these
nifty features.  In the mean time, could you help with this question?
I posted it to the MMFT message board this morning, but have not seen
a response yet.

I need some guidance on the following scenario:

My Legacy database location reads:  Bainbridge - Oak City Cemetery,
Decatur County, Georgia, USA
The official gazeteer entry in MMFT with coordinates reads:  Oak City
Cemetery, Decatur County, Georgia, United States
I defined a custom place: Oak City Cem. to go with the official entry
above (that's what will show up by the dot on the map)

I want to leave my Legacy database entry exactly as it is (with the
city name as well as the cemetery name in front of the first comma,
but have the MMTF gazetteer recognize that my Legacy location and the
official gazeteer location (which contains the appropriate
coordinates) are one in the same and to not count my Legacy location
entry as an error.

I feel I must be missing something, but I have been over the help
section of MMFT several times to try to figure this out on my own.

Thanks for helping answer this.  I feel sure this will help out other
potential customers who want to use MMFT with Legacy.

Gail Rich Nestor
Smyrna, Georgia
www.roots2buds.net
*** Give the gift of Legacy for the holidays! Order online at http://legacyfamilytree.com/Redirect/Store-Legacy.asp or call 1-800-753-3453. ***