My digital material is yes divided that is I have no video material attached to Legacy. And actually only that material related to non-living relatives, like documents, pics etc. I do have a separate database of this that includes all material of living relatives too and I browse that with other software and I also share it with other family members without using Legacy.

I have another database with downloaded/ photocopied original records or cd's (yes those are copied on my hard disk) etc. of towns. Those are divided by locality in separate folders. When I find a specific piece of info on an ancestor, I extract it and attach that to Legacy.

In Legacy I use different folders. When an ancestor has a lot "attached" I give him/her an own folder. I also have different folders, for general files, like pictures of the houses and towns, articles that say general
stuff about history of the time the ancestor lived in.
rgrds, Keren

*** Give the gift of Legacy for the holidays! Order online at
http://legacyfamilytree.com/Redirect/Store-Legacy.asp or call 1-800-753-3453.
***