Kirsten,
    I also saved mine to the desktop. Whatever the problem is  it
is also causing it to not import back into Legacy either. I tried
making both Gedcom 5.5 and Gedcom for Ancestry. I did not try
Gedcom for Legacy. Neither of the two Geds would load to Ancestry
or import back to Legacy.
    Since my e-mail last night I have run file maintenance again
and also Potential Problems report and they seem to be fine.
Somewhere I have a glitch with exporting proper Gedcoms. If no
one has a solution soon I may just download the latest Legacy
update again and try it. Something may have happened during the
download.
Thanks for all the support,
Myrna

*** Give the gift of Legacy for the holidays! Order online at
http://legacyfamilytree.com/Redirect/Store-Legacy.asp or call 1-800-753-3453.
***