From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 4:29 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Unlikely but well documented lines

I agree with Susan.

    I have done similar "link" or "placeholder" names. I have several of
them in my database for three purposes: 1) the "disproven" as you've
noted, where you want to report that something is false, 2) the
"placeholder" where I know there is a linkage but don't have names/details
yet, and 3) a few "unrelated" family lines with same names, where I find
it easier to handle it within one family database rather than repeatedly
using split-screen, etc.

    Depending on whom I am publishing something to, I may or may not
remove these from the report. And if I wanted to produce a "pure" database
(e.g. for putting up on RootsWeb or Ancestry), it would be easy to do.

Mike

Michael J Method

In a message dated 12/29/2006 12:28:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,