Tracey,

Passage Express cannot open GEDcom files natively - it needs GENViewer. Go to the "Options" menu in Passage Express and then click on "File Readers". You should see GENViewer Lite listed as the reader for GEDcom files. If not simply click the Add button, navigate to where it is on your computer and add it. When you create the CD or DVD GENViewer Lite should then automatically be included on the CD.

Bob

Tracy Skegg wrote:
Hi Listers
I'm trying in the midst of creating a CD for sending out to relatives,
knew I'd not make it before Xmas so have been busy all through my
holidays.  I've got reports and gedcom files I've created from Legacy
that I want to import into Passage Express the create a CD.  How are
the gedcom files accessed again through the CD?  Can they be used from
the CD or do I need to add GenViewer?
Cheers
Tracy

*** Give the gift of Legacy for the holidays! Order online at http://legacyfamilytree.com/Redirect/Store-Legacy.asp or call 1-800-753-3453. ***

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/

For online technical support, please visit http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp

*** Give the gift of Legacy for the holidays! Order online at
http://legacyfamilytree.com/Redirect/Store-Legacy.asp or call 1-800-753-3453.
***