  From: Katrina
  To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
  Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 2:04 PM
  Subject: [LegacyUG] Meaning of Surnames

  I know that surnames, like given names, have meanings. Generally, it
indicated a profession (i.e. Black or Smith) or something else. Is there any
guide that gives possible meanings of last names, especially non-English
surnames? I've always wondered what Brewsaugh meant in the original French, and
what my Fiancé's name (Sutter) meant.

  Katrina Brewsaugh

  Brewsaugh/Briggs/Boswell/Cotter/Nagle/Sutter