Good Afternoon Everyone,

      I would love to make a small suggestion about timelines. Usually I
just kind of hide in the background. Many years ago I ran into a
wonderful site at ourtimelines.com  it is so fantastic !!!! You put
in the date of birth and date of death and it tells you all that
happened in the world during that time frame. Many of you no doubt
already know about it but thought those that don't may enjoy it.
Also those in New Mexico wil love to know there is one for there as
well.

Sincerely,
Candi

> You can also add timelines right within the Legacy Programs  (where you
> would select a timeline, click on the Add button.) - then you don't need
> worry about the exact format, because you use an editor that creates the
> file in the format.
>
> I'm not sure which reports can use the timeline (which i believe was the
> question) - as I really don't print a lot of reports....
>
> Heather Stovold (nee McCaslin)
>
> researching Stovold McCaslin Craven Smart Ward
>

> On 1/6/07, ronald ferguson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>> Kane,
>>
>> Yes you can.
>>
>> As Cathy says, you can follow the instructions to write one from within
>> Legacy, or if you already have one as text then you can do the
>> following:
>>
>> The timeline is simply a text file. You learn the construction I suggest
>> that you go the Legacy folder and open Timelines>English and open a
>> convenient file by double clicking.
>>
>> You will see that the various columns are separated by " | " (no
>> inverted
>> commas but note the spaces).
>> If you have a carriage return within a field then this uses "{\n}". Also
>> note that the first column contains a zero.
>> To put it in the Legacy format simply replace the attributes with the
>> correct Legacy attributes and save in Timelines>English.
>>
>> Ron Ferguson
>>

> Have you unlocked the real power of Legacy? Legacy 6.0 Deluxe has 92
> features not found in the Standard Edition. Learn more about these
> features at http://legacyfamilytree.com/DeluxeEdition.asp.
>
> Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at:
>
> To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at:
>
> For online technical support, please visit
> http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp
>
> To unsubscribe please visit:
> http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp

Danny & Candi DeGrande
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://imaginationspheres.com/
Thou None Go with Me Jesus, I will Follow, No Turning Back.