Thanks, Glen!  :-)

Wendy

Glen Ballard said the following on 7/01/2007 2:34 p.m.:
Wendy,

There is a better way to accomplish what you want.  Just navigate to your
original legacy installation folder (c:\Legacy) and rename your Legacy6.LIC
file to legacy6.lic.old.  Do this with Legacy closed.  Otherwise you will
need to close and restart Legacy.

When you want your Deluxe features back, go back and rename the
legacy6.lic.old back to legacy6.lic.

Glen Ballard

-------------------
P. S. Check out Legacy Family Tree today! This full featured genealogy
program can be downloaded FREE at
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Index.asp?mid=3AV63La
-------------------

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wendy Howard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Legacy User Group" <LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2007 5:17 PM
Subject: [LegacyUG] Installing second copy of Legacy

Is it possible to have two copies of Legacy v6 installed on your
computer at the same time?  I don't mean to run at the same time.  What
I want to do is have a second copy in a separate directory that is
running the Standard edition, rather than the Deluxe that I already run.

I'm wanting to suggest to someone that Legacy might be a suitable tool
for something she wants to do, but am finding it difficult to tell just
what is a Standard feature, and what is Deluxe.  It would be useful to
have this second copy to look at, so I can see clearly what can be done
in Standard.

I've downloaded a fresh copy of the setup file to my laptop computer,
and it's now residing on the Desktop.  However, when I double-click on
it, the program is automatically installed where I've already got Legacy
and doesn't give me an opportunity to direct it elsewhere.

Any suggestions?  Or is what I want to do not possible?

Looking forward to hearing from you.  :-)

Kind Regards,
Wendy Howard
Kaiwaka, Northland, New Zealand
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~wendyh65/