To Laurence & Kathy,

Thank you for the replies. It helped, I am going to delete Legacy from the flash drive and just put the backups on it as suggested.
Thank you everyone, you have all been a big help.
Diane

From: "kbrbkr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Transfer files between computers.
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 22:41:57 -0500

Diane:

I recently purchased a 4GB flash drive - great buy I think at $80 - just for my genealogy and it works great!

What I did was installed the Legacy installation program on the flash drive, plus a copy of my latest genealogy file. Then when I get to the computer I'm going to work on, I need to install Legacy ONTO the computer I'm going to be working with, then tell Legacy to open the family file - and select the flash drive as the location where the file is.

When I'm done, I exit out of Legacy. The computer still has Legacy on it - BUT there will be no family file on the computer as it's actually on the flash drive.

If you already have Legacy on the computer you're going to be working on - you DO NOT need to copy the exe file to your flash drive, just the family file itself (either as a copy of the file, or a backup copy). Then open Legacy and open the family file on your flash drive.

Kathy > As per your email to me below. I have a 2g flash drive, now and I down
loaded the small version of Legacy to it. I alsready have Legacy running on both computers besides that. Now the problem for me is what do I do next? I can't run it like that, because it wants to open it on the computer. I backed up one family file on that flash drive also. Now what am I doing wrong again? Thank you so much for your help.
Diane

Have you unlocked the real power of Legacy? Legacy 6.0 Deluxe has 92 features not found in the Standard Edition. Learn more about these features at http://legacyfamilytree.com/DeluxeEdition.asp.

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/