Here's an answer from SpanSoft:

<snip>
The flags you're looking for in Legacy are the little checkboxes which
appear over each thumbnail in the Picture Gallery. If you hold your cursor
over them you will get the hint "Tag/Untag item for Slide Shows and
Printing".

If you then use the "Must have "Print" flag" option in TreeDraw you will
only import the pictures which have the flags checked.
<snip>

The tags are check boxes next to the number of the image in the
picture gallery, if that helps at all.  I've tried this suggestion and
it works, now I've got to untag a lot of images across my file.  I'm
learning new things everyday about how to manage my Legacy files.
Cheers
Tracy