Cheryl,

I use Legacy to record the lineages of my One Name Study of the surname
BAGE. This means there will be many unconnected family lines. However, I
like to have all of this in just one file. This way it's easy to navigate
and see the full picture. I can always export if I need a particular family
separate.

I do however make use of some other files, i.e. I have one with all the BAGE
IGI information in which I refer to and when ready I move this info into my
main file. This method works well in my opinion.

Keith Bage
BAGE One Name Study (GOONS registered # 4451)
http://www.bage.org.uk

P. S. Check out Legacy Family Tree today!
This full featured genealogy program can be downloaded FREE at
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Index.asp?mid=5917ADi