Just a thought, Roxanne, but have you tried saving in a different format ie.
png, bmp, gif, etc.?
No particular reason why this should work but it may thow something up.

You can see the photo in the file, but can you open it in say Paint or Irfan
View or whatever viewer you use?
You mention that you "download" the picture does this mean that you are not
copy/pasting? Could it be that somehow there is a corruption in the download?

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/
*Use Legacy Search - see My Blogs*
Includes the family tree for Alan J Grimshaw
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/Grimshaw/