From: "ronald ferguson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 3:46 PM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Legacy and pictures

David,

Yes and No!!

Legacy remembers the path to the picture. So if the path is the same on your
new computer then it will find them. Otherwise it will not.

However, iwhen Legacy cannot find a picture it asks if you want Legacy to
find it or do it yourself. Since I know where they are I always opt for the
latter and once directed to a folder it will look there for the rest.

Personally, I find it better to store all my Legacy pics in the same folder
although this is in My Documents rather than in C:\Legacy but this really is
a matter of choice.

BTW it has been reported that Legacy is not over keen on the jpeg extension
and jpg is preferred.

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/
*Use Legacy Search - see My Blogs*
Includes the family tree for Alan J Grimshaw
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/Grimshaw/

________________________________
> Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:21:47 -0500
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [LegacyUG] Legacy and pictures
> To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com
>
> Hi
> I am a newby to Legacy.  Have a question about pictures in Legacy.
> In the Help section under pictures, we are informed that Legacy stores the
> picture file address only and not the actual picture.
> From that I assume:
> The Legacy program stores only the picture's file address, not the actual
> jpeg (whatever), and goes out to the "C" drive to find and import that
> picture?
> Is it reasonable to assume that when I replace my computer, and transfer
> the active data Legacy file to the new computer, I will NOT have any
> pictures appear in Legacy on the new computer????  (Because they are only
> in some file on the old computer, not actually in the Legacy file?)
> Is it reasonable to assume that I must have a "Legacy Picture File Folder"
> that actually contains all the actual photos on the old computer that I
> can transfer to the new computer also?????
> David L. Bonnett
> Treasurer and Board Member, Wabash Valley Genealogy Society
> Member, Indiana Genealogical Society
> Indiana County Genealogist for Vigo County
> Researching: BALFE, BONNETT, OSBORNE, SPARKS, STRAMMER, and TICHENOR in
> Vigo County IN.

Have you unlocked the real power of Legacy? Legacy 6.0 Deluxe has 92
features not found in the Standard Edition. Learn more about these features
at http://legacyfamilytree.com/DeluxeEdition.asp.