Hi Glenna,

Not sure whether Ron is still online as it's after midnight where he lives. On the other hand, I'm about to have a late breakfast ;-)

That's your problem then. User ID and RIN are two different numbers.
You sound as if you are on the Query by Example tab of the Search.

The RIN is computer assigned, the User ID is assigned by you.

The complication is that in Options > Customise, you can ask the program to put the RIN into the User ID with or without extra text.

Ron told you how to use the Detailed Search tab which is far more powerful and allows you to search far more fields than the Query by example.

Cathy