________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rose OBER
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2007 11:32 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Upgrading to Deluxe Legacy 6.0

Hi Sherry,

Thanks for your quick response.  I look forward to using Legacy again.  I
found FTM somewhat lacking in flexibility.  Below is the rest of the
response from Pegi.  Would you please look it over and let me know if I
should follow her instructions.  They look reasonable to me, but I'm not the
expert.

Thanks again. - Rose

Legacy can import GEDCOM files.  You can export a GEDCOM from Family Tree
Maker by following these instructions:

. Family Tree Maker

        1. From the File menu: If you are using FTM, version 11 or earlier,
select Copy/Export Family File. If you are using FTM 2005 or 2006, select
Export File > Entire File.

        2. Click the Save as type drop-down list and select GEDCOM.

        3. In the File name field, type a name for the GEDCOM file. It must
have the extension .GED.

        4. In the Save in field, select the drive and folder where you want
to place your file.

        5. Click Save and Family Tree Maker displays the Export to GEDCOM
dialog box.

        6. Make your selections from the dialog box as follows --
Destination: FTW, Version: 5.5, Character set: ANSEL, check the Abbreviate
tags box.

        7. Click the OK button and the GEDCOM file will be created.

Thanks,
Pegi