How do you set it to show "2 generations" I can't figure it out. but i just did the lds symbols instead of cause of death and its great . give me more BASIC intructions to show 2 gerations. thanks i am new to the group

from marilyn

From: "Diane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] View LDS events
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 14:49:45 -0800

Melanie;

I don't know how many people already answered this, but here is what I did.

My Legacy file starts (and I do most of my work) in Family View. You can change the information displayed for the people in the main view (the husband/wife view) by clicking on the word "born" (or any of the other labels). I changed from showing the cause of death to showing the LDS symbols. That took care of them. But I also wanted a quick way to see if their children had work done. So I modified the descendant view (descendant tab). The "options" button allows you to add columns to the display (again I added LDS symbols). You can also customize the display (I set it to show 2 generations). Now I can quickly tab here to see my family group and what work has been done (or not done!).

I hope that helps. Legacy is a wonderful program and I'm always finding new things that it can do. I don't think you'll be unhappy should you decide to switch over.

Diane