John,
Before you start, ask yourself this question: Do most of the people in
your database have proved links to their parents? If so, then the ones
you want to mark visibly would be the ones that have yet to be proven.
So whatever recommendations you get, I would suggest you try to do it
with the smaller pool of names.

Some people might suggest that you not link the names of people you
haven't proved descent for. Not sure how workable that is for you. If
it is simply a condition that you just haven't located true sources
for the people yet, but feel they are real children, then I understand
more of what you are looking for. The asterisk mentioned previously
might help there (maybe put it in the "Title Pre." box where it could
be easily added or deleted, and quickly viewed).

Susan Daily