Oops, I apologize to the group....will not send attachments again.

Dennis

Ron Bernier wrote:
Dennis,

The Legacy User Group User Guidelines clearly state that attachments are not to
be sent to the group.  Please review the guidelines for future reference.  A
link to the guidelines is included at the end of every posting.

Ron Bernier

Richard, thanks for the reply.  I "undid" the merge and supposedly
restored my file to the status prior to the merge.  The
marriage/spouse dups are still there.  Therefore, the dup issue
must have been created upon the importing of my wife's file into
mine, which results in duplication of everyone in the file.  But I
would think that then merging and searching for duplicates should
undo any duplicate marriage links created by the import.  I don't
see any options or settings that relate to duplicate marriages
during merging.

I have attached a screen shot of the first manual merge person (out
of 314) that comes up when I use IntelliShare.  These 314 were
found by the program to have differences between my file and my
wife's file.  You can see that the left side of the screen shows
duplicate spouses (my file) and the right side shows the correct
single spouse (my wife's file).  The reason this person requires
manual merging is because I made some corrections to the Birth and
Residence location fields--the differences between the two files
has nothing to do with duplicate spouses.

Since I did my cleanup from the gedcom transfer in MY file, it has
the most correct information regarding place and event names.  So I
want to be sure to keep those when I merge.  However, I don't want
to keep the duplicate spouses that are showing on the left (my
file) side of the screen.

What do I need to do to "throw out" the duplicate spouses created
by the import of my wife's Legacy file, but at the same time keep
my file maintenance changes?
And why isn't this done automatically?
I'm still not sure if there is something I am doing wrong or if
this is a problem with the IntelliShare feature.

Thank you!
Dennis

Have you unlocked the real power of Legacy? Legacy 6.0 Deluxe has 92 features not found in the Standard Edition. Learn more about these features at http://legacyfamilytree.com/DeluxeEdition.asp.

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp