Ron

One would think it is a Legacy problem, if 1GB ram and 40gb disk space isn't
enough room to work with.  Legacy has had the problem a long time that it
tends/seems to need/hog large amounts of memory.   Legacy still has a
problem dealing with memory issues.  The purpose of the windows swap file
was to act as virtual memory so to speak, in which a program would be able
to have 'all' the memory it needed, but it does require the program to
manage that memory properly and efficiently, something that Legacy seems to
have a problem with over the last few years. With 3 different computers and
other friends computers, I have seen the same type problem, i.e. limited
number of names - not problem, large amount of names and limited data
reports - usually not a problem, large amount of names and large report
style - **problem**. Has been for several years that I have noticed.

My experience over the years with programming is, with limited memory but
efficient program - it may take a while but program task will be completed,
however, if program is unable to efficiently cope with memory issues, the
program will almost always hang/crash/stall and the task will not be
completed.  Unless you artificially 'band-aid' the problem by forcing user
to add memory to his system to compensate for the fact of inefficient
programming under the guise of 'your computer don't have enough memory'
statement.

Just my observation.
Byron Schafbuch