http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/Grimshaw/

From: "Pat Jones" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 16:59:34 -0600

Elizabeth, I feel just like you do.  I've brought a big datatbase
into Legacy from another program and while it appeared to come
over without too many glitches, I'm now finding strange couplings
of sources and people who have absolutely no reason to have had
that source coupled with them.

Also, trying to figure out how to insert sources and events and
all their associated windows have about driven me to the wall.
The book has definintely NOT been of use but I did find the first
set of CDs (borrowed from a friend) cleared up some of the
problems with how to insert information into Sources and Events.
I finally managed to get one Census looking the way that I wanted
it and made my own "cheat sheet" so that I could redo all of the
Census information the same way now and in the future.

I'm still "playing" with the way I've entered them.  Tonight I'd
like to see what happens if I enter only the words US Federal
Census for the Master Source List Name, then define which one it
is in some other window, wondering if that would cut down on the
number of entries in the Master Source List without causing
problems elsewhere.

Is there anyone out there who has tried this?  What were the
results?