-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Wayne Boian
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 10:54 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Newbie ? on consumption as cause of death.

I am just getting started in genealogy, so please excuse my lack of
knowledge and understanding.

I am doing research on the Boian family and found that one of my ancestors
died from "consumption". That term as a cause of death, is meaningless to
me. Probably because I am just getting started, that is a given. But what
about future readers of the information collected and printed out.

My question for the group is really two parts.
What is "consumption" as a cause of death?

and

As a matter of procedure when entering notes or data into the various fields
in the program, should words like "consumption" (as used above) be defined
or translated into today's common  language usage or should we enter the
information "as is" in the original documents.

There is always two sides to every coin, but was wondering what is the more
accepted practice (as is Vs re-define) when entering data or notes.

Thanks for your time
Wayne Boian