Susan,
As In have mentioned I do not use the Q dates. Instead I use cir Mar xxxx
for the Indexes and abt Mar xxxx for dates taken from a census (or other
inaccurate source). That way I know which are the more accurate.
Ron Ferguson
_____________________________________________________________________
For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/
*Publish with Open Office - My Blogs*
Includes the family tree for Alan J Grimshaw
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/Grimshaw/
______________________________________________________________________
From: "Susan Daily" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Reply-To: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] About quarter dates....
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:30:47 -0500
If you have seen the actual index books, like I did for the Irish
civil registrations at the LDS on microfilm, the index books
themselves are labeled something like "... for the Births Registered
in the Quarter ending in March 1886" for example. So that is probably
why the date is entered in Mar Q format.
Your example below is why Legacy users are repeatedly warned that
these dates are the registrations, and NOT the actual date of the
event. But at least if I see a date given in this format in an
exported GEDCOM at WorldConnect, for example, I can understand where
they are getting the date. If you find a registration in Mar Q 1886, a
date entered as "Before Apr 1886" would be the most legitimate, but a
date of "abt Feb 1886" could give you the most personal satisfaction,
especially for distant cousins for whom you won't be purchasing the
certificates.
Susan
On 3/12/07, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
It really should not be Mar Q but 1 Q since it is the Jan to Mar quarter
and
will include previous dates as the birth had to be notified within 6 weeks
I
think. I have one which was 1 Q 1850 where the birth was May 1849.
_________________________________________________________________
Txt a lot? Get Messenger FREE on your mobile.
https://livemessenger.mobile.uk.msn.com/
Have you unlocked the real power of Legacy? Legacy 6.0 Deluxe has 92 features
not found in the Standard Edition. Learn more about these features at
http://legacyfamilytree.com/DeluxeEdition.asp.
Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at:
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
For online technical support, please visit
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp
To unsubscribe please visit: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp