Susan,

Yes, that is exactly what I did. As I said, that was my 2nd mistake.

If you do a source citation and attach a jpg for a birth event then copy it to the source clipboard you can then paste the whole thing to the baptism event. Legacy will not let you paste the identical source twice to the same event but I figured a way around Legacy's safeguard and in a few keyclicks I had 2 identical citations all over my database. Had I been alert I should have deleted the 3 (or more) source clones.

Perhaps I was thinking, as you may be, that the identical citations would merge along with the identical source bus alas tht was not the case.

Thank you
Richard

----- Original Message ----- From: "Susan Daily" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 12:30 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Removing duplicate source citations


Richard,
I am not sure if when you said "Later when I noticed 2 similar sources
I simply merged them" you mean you did the following, or not:

Go to View
Master Lists
Source

Scroll down to the first identical source, and decide which is the
version you prefer. Highlight the unpreferred one, then click on
"Combine Highlighted Source with Another in the List" (at the bottom
right of the popup window). Now highlight your preferred one, and
click on "Highlight Destination Source, Then Click this Button." The
two sources now merge together, and anything that was sourced by one
or the other will now be sourced by only one master source.

If you do mean that, then I don't understand what else you are needing
to do. If you didn't do that, then I hope this is the answer you were
looking for.

Susan Daily




Have you unlocked the real power of Legacy? Legacy 6.0 Deluxe has 92 features 
not found in the Standard Edition. Learn more about these features at 
http://legacyfamilytree.com/DeluxeEdition.asp.

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: 
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: 
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

For online technical support, please visit 
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp

To unsubscribe please visit: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp


Reply via email to