-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John D.
Taylor III
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2007 8:29 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] URL search strings for Internet search locations

Sherry, I tried that, however, I just did it again,-and it still doesn't
work.  I've uninstalled legacy, then reinstalled legacy after deleting most
of the files in the directory.  I still have the same problems in the
research center.  Also, while viewing from the family page, when I try to do
a direct Internet search from the tools menu (search the Internet for
current person) and it brings up the list of available search engines. I
choose ancestry.com then click on the search button, below is the address
URL that it takes me to which does not establish a connection to ancestry.

http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?siteid=22846411&bfpage=search_box_3&bfm
id=5647408&gsfn=Samuel+M&gsln=Wooster&sx=&prox=0&gsco=1&gspl=1%2C&year=1846&
yearend=1908&gskw=&gst=&refine=1&gl=allgs&ti=&gss=ansmp&submit.x=38&submit.y
=13

 I know that I can change the setting in the customize function,-which I
have and it works fine when I do.  What I don't understand is how I can get
to the changes that need to be made in the research center so that I can
make sure that they have the proper URL in them.

It appears as though something has changed some of these URLs, -I don't know
what, or how, but I have ran the latest virus scan and spyware software
trying to locate whatever created the problem.  I do not believe that this
is a problem that originated in Legacy.  I believe at some point in time,
something has either corrupted the files in this program and reinstalling is
not helping.  Everything else on my computer including the rest of Legacy
works fine.  I am hoping that if I can get to where the addresses are stored
for activating the various websites within the research center then, perhaps
I can fix it. I can fix the ones in the (search the Internet for current
person close) via working with the URLs and figuring out how to put the
correct ones in.

Once again, if you are the technicians could tell me how to get to the URLs
in the research center so that I might change them, then I believe that I
may be able to fix this.

Thanks for helping
John