From: "Mel Morris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 6:13 PM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] need help in fixing this problem

Let's see if I can help
I think if you open up the family that is technically incorrect
ie correct
father, incorrect mother and two sons. I believe the simplest way
is to
initially 'unlink' the incorrect mother/wife from the husband.
i.e
rightclick wife and click 'unlink' from husband  - this is only
temporary -
the sons will stay with the husband, and hopefully still with
their original
mother.
Then you will have the father only showing one named wife, but
also showing
the father with an 'unknown' person as mother of the first
daughter. If you
click on that 'unknown' wife/mother you should then be offered to
'add a new
person or 'link to existing person' and the little box 'add this
person to
the currently displayed marriage needs to be checked. You should
select
"Link to an existing person" and then you can reattach wife #1
only to the
husband and daughter #1.
Hope that isnt' too complicated.

Regards
Mel Morris
Burlington, Ontario

www.melmorrisfamilytree.com
Try out Legacy Family Tree today! This highly acclaimed genealogy
program
can be downloaded FREE at
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Index.asp?mid=64FLXhi