Thanks Ron,
My husband is also periodically trying to get me to download other text editors. I really have never felt the need. Notepad works fine for the odd times I need to edit text and if I want something more sophisticated, I'd rather use Word, which I use a lot, and then save as text.

I also use Turbonote - one of the Sticky Note programs - for quick notes and alarms and for transcribing stuff... and Clipmate which captures everything put on the Windows Clipboard for later use and can be used as a freeform database of bits and pieces. I do some minor editing in Clipmate.

Cathy