C.G.

I think your best choice is to load your ged file into a text editor
and do a global search and replace. I presume that is what you are
doing now. This is a relatively simple process.

Another way is to resurrect all your dead persons in Legacy by making
them living.  But this is not nearly as simple as the text editor
approach.

Another way is to choose a charting program that correctly imports a
valid ged file.