I hope that no one believes that I actually listed my Lithuanian ancestors who were born in the late 1800's as born in the USSR! That is something that familysearch.org did on the IGI. I know that the USSR came into existence in 1922. <sigh> It's not just German boundaries that the IGI jerry rigs.

Dawn

RICHARD SCHULTHIES wrote:

There is not a rule as much as a choice to be made.
Use current locations for every place, or use location
place name when dated, used. Each has its good and bad
points. Or the third choice, which I say don't use,
mix the places as you feel like. ie., the IGI uses the
third choice, since they don't actually edit what
people submit (except for the 1870 German boundaries).

Rich in LA CA
--- Debbie Freeman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello Mary,

Thank You for bring up the subject of Location clean
up.

I have been trying to figure out what to do about my
locations Master list section.

First off I tried to find the information on the net
no real luck.

How do others, and the "rules" say to do the pre
United States and Non United States locations.

I.E. The United States did not exist yet, or a
English town.

Examples:

New Netherlands, Dutch New York

Lewes, East Sussex, England, United Kingdom

Hedalen, Oppland, Norway

Thanks for the input,
Debbie Freeman

P.S. Geoff I have printed out the new booklet and
will read it today.

Have you unlocked the real power of Legacy? Legacy
6.0 Deluxe has 92 features not found in the Standard
Edition. Learn more about these features at

To find past messages, please go to our searchable
archives at:

To unsubscribe please visit:
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp