Cathy wrote:
Hi Gene,

Doing what you suggest would save the Master Source but would lose all the Source Details.

Cathy

At 08:26 PM 10/05/2007, you wrote:

1. First go to the master source list and locate the source in question.
2. Record the RIN's of the people who you wish to have this Source.
3. Edit the source and change the Source List Name of the source by adding #2 at the end of the title. 4. Save this source and when asked, choose to apply ONLY to a NEW copy of this master source.
5. Now open the original master source and delete it.
6. Open the NEW master source and rename it by deleting the #2 you previously added. 7. Now add this source to the appropriate people in the appropriate locations.

This will retain the original source in its entirety and is the most efficient method I have been able to find.

Gene Y.
Researching Young, Zies, Harer & Cox.

Tag all the people you wish to save the details for and export them to a new file. After deleting the old master source open the two files in a split window and copy the info one by one.