Hi Wendy,

Have you checked the Marriage Note in question?
Make sure there aren't empty paragraphs at the bottom? If you can place the cursor lower than the last full stop, you've got empty paragraphs.
Delete everything from the last full stop down.

the only other thing I can think of that definitely can mess up spacing is pictures. Is it happening with or without pics?

If you've really found a bug in version 5, the only way out is to upgrade to version 6 which is a potentially a problem if you are still using Win98 but otherwise enjoy the new features.

Cathy