  From: Jill King
  To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
  Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 11:54 AM
  Subject: [LegacyUG] U.S. County Verification

  I have inherited my Mother's genealogy.  I have transferred it from PAF to
Legacy and have been working on cleaning it up.  In the USA County
Verification, I have 188 pgs.  I find that most of the problems are:
    1)She put "Of Cherokee, Iowa" or something similar in the location.  There
is no County called "Of Cherokee".  How is the best way to change this?  I
notice there is the preposition that you can change in the Master Location
List.  Would I make a location titled Prep: Of and then put the location?  I am
concerned if I do this, when look at the person's data, I won't  know if it
means In Cherokee or Of Cherokee.

    2) Other entries she put "Cherokee?, Iowa"  There is not a County called
"Cherokee?".  I am assuming she meant "Did they come from Cherokee?  Possibly,
but not sure"  Is there a better way to data input that so it won't be on the
County Verification list?

  I appreciate anyone's ideas so I can get this list to a manageable size to
work with.

  Thanks,
  Jill King

  Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
  Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Yahoo!
Games.

PM