Ron,
What you say is true, and I have no problem with the Chronology Report for my ancestor born in 1863 showing the 1861 event of Abraham Lincoln becoming the president - 2 years before my ancestors birth. That places my ancestor in a "time" that most of us have a feel for. However, that same report also goes back to 1817 to show the Indian Wars, 47 years BEFORE my ancestors birth. Doesn't relate well to trying to visualize the period of time in which my ancestor lived. What make it even worse is in that timeline file of US Wars, there is provision made to tag which wars you wish to include on the report. The Indian Wars were "minor" to identify any of my ancestors and thus are NOT tagged and should be excluded from the Chronology Report since I have ticked the box to "Only include tagged events from this timeline". Unless there is a check box somewhere else in the "Options > Customize" section of the program that I have not yet found, this report seems not to be working as "promised".
Jim
----- Original Message ----- From: "ronald ferguson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2007 7:37 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Chronology Report - Timelines problem

Jim,

If I understand the timelines correctly they detail events which happened or are happening during a persons life time from the start date of that event. Thus, the king who is on the throne at the time of birth is shown as the date he ascended to the throne, similarly for presidents, ongoing wars etc.

This is quite different from inventions which happened once on a certain date.

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://www.fergys.co.uk
*New Site, New Blog!* Create Legacy Web Pages Trilogy!
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk /Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See: