Anyone want to speculate what the upgrades will be? I'm ready for a juicy upgrade from Legacy.

Most people ended up outgrowing FTM and switched over to other programs. I ended up choosing Legacy after switching from Ultimate Family Tree (now dead) because Legacy worked the way I worked. Being able to download the try out version also solidified my purchase.

As FTM 2007 aligns itself with ancestry.com --I look into my crystal ball and see Legacy aligning itself with the LDS since indexing of records is going on by the LDS as we speak. Thousands of volunteers (me included) are working towards providing over 80 million records to the public.

Either way--these are exciting times for those researching their genealogy as the technology allows us to connect globally.

Joe

Alan Jones wrote:
Don,

I am sorry if my post sounded like an advertisement for FTM.  I have
used both products and like features of both.  I have not done any
genealogy work in any product about a year or more other then recording
a birth and death and watching what's new and offered.

What I want is for all the products to become better.  I know there are
people that have jumped between products for some things and used both. Ultimately some features I am after I have not found in any genealogy program and I have looked and asked around.
The post I made to Jack was more trying to say yes sometimes companies
announce products, features etc.  I after I sent it I actually felt bad
that I may have been a little rude to Jack in the way I said that.  I
apologize to Jack for sounding rude or condescending.

I am sorry to the list if I looked like I had ulterior motives.

Alan

Don Brown wrote:
With your flagrant promotion of FTM 2008 on a Legacy message board, I can't
help but wonder if you may have ulterior motives of trying to garner users
for FTM