Tips on Intellishare:
http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/tipsIntShare.asp
and
http://legacynews.typepad.com/legacy_news/dearmyrtle/index.html
Evert

2007/7/16, Cathy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Hi Lorraine,

Yes your Gedcom imported into Legacy becomes a Legacy family file -
BUT it did not originate from your own family file so can't be merged
with your own family file using Intellishare.

All my original comments still apply except that in "It could also be
that you need to do more work on the Gedcom to tidy
it up before you think about importing it into your own file" I was
using "Gedcom" very loosely meaning the Legacy file created from the
Gedcom - apologies for not catching that.

The Find Duplicates in Legacy *can* find many possible duplicates
even if there are no duplicates at all in the Family File. It all
depends on the criteria you set for the process.

If you are *sure* there are very few duplicates in the file, you are
probably best using the Index View and scanning it for possible
duplicates and trusting others to show up as you work with the file.

Cathy