I'm running into several situations where parents apparently died and the
children were raised by other family members.  In one instance the birth
record gives the names of the child's parents while her marriage record
lists different parents (probably her aunt and uncle).

I've seen long discussions on the list about handling adopted children, but
how do you handle foster children--both when the blood relationship is known
and when it isn't?  Are they usually listed under both sets of parents or is
there a different/better way?  My database is used almost exclusively for
posting at RootsWeb and I wouldn't normally include either Events or Child
Status in the listing; is there a clever way to clarify the relationship
under those circumstances?

Kirsten