-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Pat H
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2007 11:17 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup
Subject: [LegacyUG] Idea--an .fdb for background info? Plus "book"
question.

I'm trying something new (for me):
In addition to my two main family databases (paternal, maternal),  I've
added two databases for background info for the two families (one for each

line): for example town, county, or church histories, geographical
information, etc.  Of course, most of the information I enter goes into
the
Notes section.
Ordinarily I enter a new subject by clicking "Add," "New unlinked
individual."  Sometimes, however, I have a state as the father and towns,
independent cities and counties as "children."

I like having the background info readily available -- and  used to put it

in under an individual -- but couldn't always remember WHICH individual!
And it's so handy just to click View Name and see all the topics
available.

I'm not sure I'm expaining this clearly, but I'd love to have any
thoughts/ideas/suggestions about how you handle background info.

Also, a related question -- when printing a "book" from Legacy, is it
possible to combine two separate databases in any way?

Pat H.

E-mail message checked by PC Tools Spyware Doctor (5.0.0.186)
Database version: 5.07560
http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/

Have you unlocked the real power of Legacy? Legacy 6.0 Deluxe has 92
features not found in the Standard Edition. Learn more about these
features at http://legacyfamilytree.com/DeluxeEdition.asp.

To unsubscribe please visit:
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp

Id