Hi Pat,

Well you can intersperse background information with family data - it just depends how you want to do that.

If you use the Book publishing option within the Legacy Publication Centre, you could either insert some of this background info (even generated from your unique background file if any of the reports work) as Special Text Entries or Reserve pages for other information.

This means that the page numbers don't get mixed up but the pages wouldn't be indexed.

If you want a complete PDF book, you'd need to use the Special Text Entries rather than reserving pages unless you own a PDF editor and could insert them later.

The alternative is to use the Rich Text options and edit that in your Word Processor and generate the indexes in the Word Processor at the end. You could then add index entries for the additions if you know how. Personally I haven't the patience to take a Legacy book and edit it in a Word Processor as I like to include pictures and although you can embed the pics in an RTF file, they don't come over in consistent size and placing so it's a lot of work. I hate working with pics in MS Word.

Cheers,
Cathy