-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of leo
macdonald
Sent: Tuesday, 17 July 2007 12:31 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] New User Problems

My perfered method of dealing with nicknames is to list their nickname
in
the notes for that person.
If I had a person called John Robert Daniel Smith and his nickname is
Dan,
then in the notes section for this person I just enter the following:
John Robert Daniel's nickname is "Dan". If I want to find a list of
everyone called Dan I would go to:
search>find:
look for whom: individule>where to look: notes-general>how to look:
contains>what to look for: nickname
second condition>and:
look for whom: individule>where to look: notes-general>how to look:
contains>what to look for: "Dan"
Select "clear list before search" then click "create list". This will
create a list of all individuals in my file who have the nickname
"Dan" that I'm aware off.
Leo

Have you unlocked the real power of Legacy? Legacy 6.0 Deluxe has 92
features not found in the Standard Edition. Learn more about these
features at http://legacyfamilytree.com/DeluxeEdition.asp.

To unsubscribe please visit:
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp