From: "Gary Templeman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] error 530
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 19:27:17 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "ronald ferguson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 8:38 AM

We don't particularly disagree on thiis, the version I have in System32 btw is 6.0.6470.0 (Sept. 2006). The main points I was making was 1) it is worth doing the free check and 2) one cannot simply copy the dll from one place to another eg. from the lap-top to the Desk Top.

Unless you know how to properly use regsvr32

Incidentally I have 3 copies as Ahead Nero use it (but call it Xceed.dll.nco) and have it in their folder in the application program. I also thought it was not good practice for programs to overwite System32 dlls.

Ron Ferguson

There are a lot of programs that do things that are not "good practice". There are recent reports that installing Legacy breaks the Inventory Manager program used at Family History Centers, requiring a workaround. A version of Legacy in 2003 ago did the same thing to IM, installing a version of XCeedZip.dll that was incompatible. The IM people had to issue a fix. I don't know if the current Legacy/IM problem is due to the same file conflict, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Gary

Tell MSN about your most memorable emails!  http://www.emailbritain.co.uk/