  From: Randolph Clark
  To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
  Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 1:25 PM
  Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Linda Altman's census templates

  Why not use the (empty) description field for the Roll, Page & Image info?

  On 7/30/07, Pat Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
    I followed the advice of a very active and knowledgable local
    Legacy user (and member of this group) when I first started using
    Legacy about a year ago.  She suggested that she used the notes
    section under EVENTS for displaying the census information, i.e.

    She added the full information for all parties shown in the
    census for the "Head of Household", continuing that way for each
    census year the main party was found (in the case above, Robert
    Marshall).  As the children broke off and were found elsewhere,
    they then became the head of their own household (even if single)
    and had the full information listed under their name.

    If you could look at my database, you would see that after I have
    entered all this information under the "Head of Household", under
    the EVENTS notes for each individual in the census information
    (in this case, Mary and all the children), I have listed ONLY the
    information found for that individual.

    PROs to this method:  I have the full information at my
    fingertips when I do research and don't have to look under the
    scattered SOURCES.  My database if designed for my optimal
    research capabilities, NOT for conciseness.  It also enables
    anyone looking at my database to see the information at a glance.
    This method had enabled me to find several pieces of information
    that I was missing and couldn't find until I set the database up
    this way. The census information prints out in chronological
    order immediately below the name and general information for the
    individual in the Family Group Record which I use most often.

    CONs you have a lot of sources, which I don't mind at all; I use
    the "ibid" feature to cut down on some of them. Not all Legacy
    reports will set up this way; I wish I could get the Descendant
    Report to set up like the Family Group Report, for instance.  It
    doesn't even allow Sources unfortunately - bad mistake in MHO.

    Pat in OK