I don't quite understand this -- can't you just keep the old file, or a copy of it to have the desired info available??

Pat

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sherry/Support" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 4:18 PM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Exporting to a new Legacy Family File, what to expect?

I talked with Ken about this. When you export to a new Family File you've
just created a *new* file so of course the program would recognize the
entries as new.

Of course, a new file wouldn't have a history list or bookmarks

I understand the frustration of losing this if the export is necessary, but
I also understand the concept that a *new* file has been created!

We don't recommend this process lightly and sometimes there is no other way
for the damaged file to be repaired.

Thanks for using Legacy.

Sherry
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!

When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.